October Athlete of the Month
Congratulations to Jackie Holgate for being named the Athlete of the Month for October. Jackie is very coachable, she consistently works hard, and she does a great job of welcoming new people to the gym. Jackie is as consistent as they come and the hard work has paid off. Thank you Jackie for making our gym a better place.
1. Please tell us about yourself. I love to read, ride bikes (mountain/road) and my greatest accomplishment is my 3 beautiful boys. I truly love getting to be a Mom.
2. When did you become a member at Defiance West? My first workout was to be in a new beginner’s class 3 years ago at the begging of September that Cory was starting. I was so scared to go but Michael really wanted me to try it so for him I said I would go and give it a try. When I arrived, there was no one there but me…Oh boy here goes my anxiety. It all turned out just fine and I have to say ended up being one of the best things I could have done for myself and Michael. We both have so enjoyed getting to work out together and becoming a part of the Defiance West community.
3. What made you join Defiance West and why do you do it now? I still have to give the credit to Michael for getting me to join CrossFit. But I have really enjoyed the change in my body and getting to see my body get stronger. I have MUSCLES…LOL!!
4. What were your thoughts after your first workout? Wow you came and you did it, but I also couldn’t walk for a week.
5. What is your athletic background? I have in some way always been active and worked out but never anything like CrossFit. I never really considered myself athletic but after my experience at CrossFit I’m stronger than I have ever been in my life.
6. What is your favorite movement or workout? I would have to say Deadlift, this movement makes me feel stronger than I think I am. But it is always a struggle to keep proper form.
7. What is your least favorite? Overhead squats for sure. My body really struggles with anything over my head!!
8. What has been your favorite or proudest moment since joining? My favorite thing is all the wonderful people I have got to know and become friends with. I have to say proudest is being Athlete of the Month, It’s something I did not see coming!
9. How has Defiance West changed your life, lifestyle, and level of fitness? Being a part of the gym has made it possible to be part of a community that has enrich my life and made my fitness grow to a level I would have not been able to achieve. Michael & I have been able to get to meet some longtime friends, that I know we will have in our life way into our future.
10. What are your fitness goals for this year? To stay on the path of being the strongest and healthiest I can be.
11. What is something most people don’t know about you? Being part of the gym community has been great for me since I really have a hard time being in a large group of people.
12. What advice would you give to people looking to get started at our gym? No matter what level of fitness you are at it is always the right time to start a fitness program and to become part of such an amazing group of people and coaches.