October Athlete of the Month
Congratulations to Salvador Herrrera for being named the October Athlete of the Month. Salvador shows up to work hard and get better every class he attends. He is a great help to other members, pushes us all to be better, and is fun to be around. We are lucky to have him at our gym, thank you for making our gym a better place.
1. Please tell us about yourself.
My name is Salvador, I was born in Chicago, raised in Mexico.
2. When did you become a member at Defiance West?
I have been a member for about 2 years.
3. What made you join Defiance West and why do you do it now?
I became a member because I worked right next door to the gym and from the outside looking in it looked like a lot of fun. I do it now because it I became friends with this sweet 2 year old kid that goes there from time to time. If I leave the gym it feels like he won’t want to be friends with me anymore.
4. What were your thoughts after your first workout?
I was glad I didn’t throw up on the gym floor.
5. What is your athletic background?
I practiced boxing, kickboxing, and played soccer for a few years.
6. What is your favorite movement or workout?
7. What is your least favorite?
8. What has been your favorite or proudest moment since joining?
Participating in the CrossFit Open last winter.
9. How has Defiance West changed your life, lifestyle, and level of fitness?
The people at Defiance West have given me self confidence, motivation, and their friendships. I’m stronger and faster now because of them.
10. What are your fitness goals for this year?
Get stronger and faster than last year.
11. What is something most people don’t know about you?
I’m a big DragonBall Z fan.
12. What advice would you give to people looking to get started at our gym?
Go for it!! Believe in your abilities!! Mind over matter.